Learn to create fully functional web applications with authentication, content management systems, payment processing, RESTful APIs, and more
- Implement advanced functionalities, such as full-text search engines, user activity streams, payment gateways, and recommendation engines
- Add real-time features with Django Channels and WebSockets
Django 4 By Example is the 4th edition of the best-selling franchise that helps you build web apps. This book will walk you through the creation of real-world applications, solving common problems, and implementing best practices using a step-by-step approach.
You'll cover a wide range of web app development topics as you build four different apps:
- A blog application: Create data models, views, and URLs and implement an admin site for your blog. Create sitemaps and RSS feeds and implement a full-text search engine with PostgreSQL.
- A social website: Implement authentication with Facebook, Twitter, and Google. Create user profiles, image thumbnails, a bookmarklet, and an activity stream. Implement a user follower system and add infinite scroll pagination to your website.
- An e-commerce application: Build a product catalog, a shopping cart, and asynchronous tasks with Celery and RabbitMQ. Process payments with Stripe and manage payment notifications via webhooks. Build a product recommendation engine with Redis. Create PDF invoices and export orders to CSV.
- An e-learning platform: Create a content management system to manage polymorphic content. Cache content with Memcached and Redis. Build and consume a RESTful API. Implement a real-time chat using WebSockets with ASGI. Create a production environment using NGINX, uWSGI and Daphne with Docker Compose.
This is a practical book that will have you creating web apps quickly.
What you will learn
- Learn Django essentials, including models, ORM, views, templates, URLs, forms, authentication, signals and middleware
- Implement different modules of the Django framework to solve specific problems
- Integrate third-party Django applications into your project
- Build asynchronous (ASGI) applications with Django
- Set up a production environment for your projects
- Easily create complex web applications to solve real use cases
Who this book is for