Improve Your Python Code with Modern Object-Oriented Design Patterns
To write clean, efficient, maintainable code, developers everywhere turn to design patterns. Now there's a Python-specific patterns guide that's friendly and practical enough for every Python developer, regardless of experience.
Best-selling patterns author James W. Cooper presents visual, example-driven explanations of 23 proven patterns for writing superior object-oriented code. Through clear and intuitive code samples, he introduces modern techniques for creating Python objects that interact effectively in powerful, flexible programs. Python newcomers--including those moving from other languages--will find a succinct introduction designed to get them up to speed fast.
Cooper's wide-ranging patterns coverage addresses abstract classes, multiple inheritance, GUI programming and widgets, graphical classes, drawing and plotting, math, databases, Python decorators, images, threads, iterators, creating executable code, and more. Throughout, his informal visual presentation makes patterns far easier to work with--so you can confidently build sophisticated programs that use Python's rich capabilities.
- Review the essentials of Python objects and visual programming
- Learn what design patterns are, and how they help you write better code
- Use creational patterns to enhance flexibility and avoid unnecessary complexity
- Apply structural patterns to ensure that program elements work together well in large programs
- Optimize communication between objects with behavioral patterns